Friday, June 16, 2006

"Hi, my name is John. I'm a paramedic and I'm here to help you."

My paramedic got to be a 'real' paramedic yesterday. Head on collision on a two way road, 45 mph each way. Thank goodness for airbags, seatbelts, and crumply cars. The person in the car fared well, with only a few scratches. The person in the truck rolled three times. My paramedic cut her out of the seatbelt, c-spined her, and started iv's. She was a radiology tech at the local hospital. She had one, maybe two broken arms, airbag abrasions, and a possible skull fracture from the roof getting mushed. She didn't even want pain medication. It's amazing what adrenaline will make you feel - or not feel. My paramedic asked her a series of questions to determine if she was alert and oriented.

"Do you know what time it is?"

"About 1400 hours."

"Do you know where you are?"

"Yes. I'm strapped to your f****** backboard!"

Yep, alert and oriented.

3 comments:

  1. ok Casey will break the comment wall down. Kip, Casey really digs the writing in third person. very cool. Casey thinks this is a good way to find out about the cool stories with out wasting valuable game playing time on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, this is written by me (Katie). Kip retains editorial privileges. This might result in some slight alterations after he's coherent enough to tell me the full story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THE Quest is glad that it's Katie writing in the third person. THE Quest reserves the right to talk in the third. BTW THE Quest can't wait to hear more of these stories.

    ReplyDelete