Thursday, October 20, 2011

What Are Fire Lanes For?

Recently an Orange County Fire Authority (OCFA) crew took their HAZMAT unit to a neighboring city to watch one of their kids play in a Pop Warner football game. The incident made the local paper. You can read the article here.


I'm not going to try to defend them. It was, according to the OCFA official statement, against policy. So they are handling it. The part of the story that I thought was funny was that people were complaining that the rig was parked in the fire lane. Hello! It's a fire truck. If they can't park a fire truck in the fire lane then what is it for?!



Map of the route between the station and the stadium.


Oh well. Made me laugh and shake my head (at both the firefighters and the citizens) so I thought I'd share.

No comments:

Post a Comment