Saturday, June 24, 2006

Sugar is a very good thing.

My paramedicrolled on the scene of an elderly woman who wouldn't wake up when her house mate tried to get her up in the morning. She scored a 1-1-1 on the coma scale (that's bad). Basically, it means she was unresponsive in every way. He went through the stuff he's supposed to do to figure out what's wrong and found out that she was severely hypoglycemic. It's amazing how quickly some sugar will bring someone back from coma land. In about 5 minutes she went from the lowest end of the coma scale to the highest end. Yay sugar!

Brian's new game is 'stump the Mount S.A.C. graduate'. Apparently, my paramedic's school has a reputation as being the most difficult paramedic program. Brian asks every paramedic they meet to try to come up with a question that my paramedic can't answer so that he can make him write a paper about it. I'm just waiting for Brian to come across another Mount S.A.C. grad to face off against my paramedic. I think Brian's going about it all wrong. He keeps asking medical questions. I could give Brian some GREAT questions to ask my paramedic that he can't answer (like what he wants to name this baby). I'd love to get a paper written on that one!! Maybe we can name him Sugar.

4 comments:

  1. that's a great name. but you'd have to always say it with a southern accent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Sugar DeLoy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sugar sounds like and Adult Film star's name. I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still think you should name him Knox. or Kenneth.

    I love the paramedic stories - keep em' coming!

    ReplyDelete