Friday, July 27, 2007

Firefighter 1 License

Today I found out that the city of La Habra Heights is hiring paramedics. They don't pay very much at all and I would only be able to work there a couple times a month but they are willing to train me as a firefighter and get me my firefighter 1 license. If I had that I would be able to apply to just about any fire department in California. As luck would have it, my partner at Gerber knows the guy that is in charge of hiring at La Habra Heights Fire. I am going to apply on Monday and see where it leads.

http://www.la-habra-heights.org/2006_NewSite/city-dept/fire-ems/fire_paramedic.html

2 comments:

  1. dude, the la habra heights calls will be thus.

    5 brushfires
    4 heartattacks/panic attacks (especially during brushfires)
    3 ill health of horse
    2 strange smell
    1 house fires that turn out to be smoke from burnt popcorn in microwaves.

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see you get some good horse calls! :) (and it does sound great about the firefighter training, woohoo! connections are the best)

    ReplyDelete