Sunday, July 5, 2009

New Department...My First Call

July 3 was my first day "online" for my new department. It's been about 5 months since the last time that I ran a call and I could hardly wait to run some more. Wouldn't you know it, we only had one.

Mid morning we were toned out for a child locked in a vehicle. Once we were responding dispatch informed us that it was a one year old stuck in a white Chevy truck. Pulling up to the scene we saw several family member surrounding a white SUV. My Captain had me grab the Big Easy and start on getting the door open. Between me and one of the other firefighters on the shift we were able to get into the vehicle pretty quick. The mom was very grateful. We grabbed one of our teddy bears that we keep for kids (at least the ones that go through a slightly traumatizing experience) and gave it to the kid. He was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment