Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, August 26, 2010

BLEVE

Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapor Explosion





The other day, we had a BLEVE at my station. Thankfully it was on a much smaller scale.


We had used a lighter to ignite the BBQ. After starting it the lighter was left a little too close to the grill. About 5 minutes later we heard a loud pop as the plastic lighter exploded. There were no injuries.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

LOL!!! Glad there were no injuries when you had your own BLEVE....

LOL

xx
Jaxs

Hydrant girl said...

Ha ha, that's funny. Glad there were no injuries.

Cristina said...

I'm so glad we have all of you, the professionals, to protect all of us, the innocent.

I go to sleep tonight feeling so secure :)

Post a Comment

© FireMedic and Firefighter/Paramedic Stories, 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to FireMedic and Firefighter/Paramedic Stories with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP