Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, January 29, 2010

Are You A Good Friend?

Let me tell you a little story about some friends. They got together on a Thursday night and went drinking. Sometime around 0230 they decided that they were wasted enough and called it a night. They drove back to a local grocery store so two of them could get their cars. After dropping them off the other friend went home. The two guys were left in the parking lot with their cars but were unable to find their keys. Luckily, one of the vehicles was unlocked so they poured themselves into the car and passed out. The cops found them at about 0300. When they discovered that one of them couldn't even remember his name we got a call.
By the time that we had arrived on scene our patient had vomited all over the front of his car. We only had time to get a quick set of vitals and do a limited assessment before AMR was on scene. We quickly turned patient care over to them and made our way back to the station. I hate drunk calls.

I am curious as to what type of friend would leave you in that situation. Alas, they were probably just as drunk.

3 comments:

brian said...

Hard to be courteous on those calls. My inclination is to be snarky.

Firefighter/Paramedic said...

Snarky is the nice way of putting it. I've been known to stick them with 14G IV's since they are technically altered. All it does is make me feel better. They're always too drunk to notice.

hg said...

Amazing how my attitude towards drinking and driving has changed since I met my ff. I would have one or two before and not thinking about getting behind the wheel - now I realise the error of my ways.

He will call 911 on any suspicious driver and follow them, even if it's out of his way if he thinks they're drunk. I used to think it was anal now I'm glad because if that driver ever killed one of my friends....

Post a Comment

© FireMedic and Firefighter/Paramedic Stories, 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to FireMedic and Firefighter/Paramedic Stories with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP