Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Little Humbling

While I was working an overtime shift I stopped at a local sandwich shop to grab lunch. I had shown up just in time because a long line soon formed behind me (and no I wasn't taking that long to decide).


After paying I made way toward the exit. In line was a woman with her 12 year old daughter and her daughters friend. As I passed them the shouted, "Thank you for being a fireman!" That's humbling. At least it is to me.

All I could say was thank you for letting me serve you. I have the best job in the world and I get compensated well for it. What else can be said?
© FireMedic and Firefighter/Paramedic Stories, 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to FireMedic and Firefighter/Paramedic Stories with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP