Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Fire in apartment 114

We were sitting at our station eating lunch when the call went out for a fire alarm in an apartment building. Usually we would not listen to the tactical channel but this time I thought there might be something interesting. The first engine on scene made entry (broke in the door) and found food burning on the stove. Just after that they found a woman unconscious in the next room. We immediately were dispatched to the call. By the time we arrived TFD had the patient outside on the grass. It turns out that she had just been drinking a lot and decided to cook at the same time. The patient passed out and left the food on the stove. She was very lucky to have working smoke detector. morale of the story is if you are going to drink yourself into a stupor don't put something on the stove!


Anonymous said...

Wow, I guess I read this just in time.

Sea Foam Bald said...

your such a kill joy. i was going to drink myself into a gourmet stupor tonight. ....guess I'll just drink at the gun range.

Post a Comment

© FireMedic and Firefighter/Paramedic Stories, 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to FireMedic and Firefighter/Paramedic Stories with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by 2008

Back to TOP