Sunday, November 2, 2008

Chest Pain

We were dispatched for a patient experiencing chest pain. While en route to the call Chris asked if he could do the assessment. Once we got on scene we found our patient sitting on a chair in the living room. His pain was a 10 out of 10 on the pain scale. He stated that the pain had started suddenly and unprovoked. His vitals were all within normal limits. He did have a history of high blood pressure and some cardiac history. We put him on oxygen, hooked him up to the monitor and gave him some nitroglycerin. Just as I was about to start my IV MBA showed up with a paramedic intern. I decided to let the intern start the IV. As his preceptor and I stood by and watched he started the IV. I haven't seen someone shake that bad in a long time. His preceptor even told him that he needed to switch to decaf. Poor guy. We then loaded up our patient and sent him on his way. Overall Chris did a pretty good job on the assessment.

No comments:

Post a Comment