Thursday, January 15, 2009

Training

I'm playing engineer today. Grant and I did this training the day before.


Tim grabbing the rotary saw.


Grant enjoying the show.


Eric getting ready to be our downed firefighter.


Ash and Tim getting ready to advance the line to the far side of the building.


Eric over seeing their progress.


Tim had to crawl with the rotary saw to the nozzle.


Ash flowing some water.




We now have a simulated firefighter down.


Ash and Tim have to work together to crawl out with the downed firefighter.

It's tougher than it looks.


Once out of the building we simulated a full arrest. Since Tim is a paramedic student this was fun for me to watch.


Um...I think I'm supposed to do this....I think.


Ah well. He's gone. Let's go get lunch.

Actually Tim and Ash did a great job on this drill. They had to grab a multitude of tools, swing the axe 50 times, crawl a bunch, go through two air bottles and were still able to perform a decent full arrest scenario. In my experience the hardest time to do medical assessments is when you just did a ton of physical exertion and your tired. You have to be able to run on autopilot at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment