Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, September 13, 2010

Similar To Reindeer Games?

You ever wonder what other games the reindeer play besides Monopoly?

I like to think they do practical jokes. Kind of like a bored firefighter.

The other day I was at the station just sitting down to eat lunch with my crew. My engineer offered to make tuna sandwiches for everyone. My captain was just getting a glass of water when I took my first bite. I quickly discovered that the reason he was getting water is that there was cayenne pepper in the tuna. I wasn't expecting it and it hit my throat just right where I started to cough a little. So I got up and went to get a drink of water like my captain.

While I was getting a drink my captain noticed my face was red. He turned to the engineer and asked him if he had put cayenne pepper into the tuna because I was allergic to cayenne pepper. When I heard this I immediately tightened up my abdomen turning my face beet red. My engineer, who was on the phone with a firefighter at another station, took one look at me and thought that I was headed into anaphylaxis.
My captain yelled for him to go and get the EMS gear. His cell phone went flying as he headed toward the truck. Once he was out of ear shot we started cracking up. As the engineer started to come back in my captain was shocked to see me take it a step further by dropping to the ground. Now my poor engineer comes around the kitchen to see his firefighter "near death" on the floor. All he can do is shout, "What should I do?! What should I do?!"

At this point I sit up. Needless to say he was a little upset. After a few minutes he could at least see the humor in our gag. Although, for the rest of the shift he kept referring to us as *ssess and was sure to let me know that payback is coming.

Okay, maybe firefighter games are more fun.

4 comments:

Angela said...

EVIL!!!

I LOVE IT!

xx
Jaxs
ps. Don't pull that one you'll get a shot of epi faster than you can say "it's a joke!"

Unknown said...

Oh that is too funny! Served him right for the cayenne pepper! LOL

Melanie said...

OMG! That is just way too funny!

brian said...

Serves him right....Putting cayenne in perfectly good tuna!

Post a Comment

© FireMedic and Firefighter/Paramedic Stories, 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to FireMedic and Firefighter/Paramedic Stories with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP