Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Friend In Need

On Friday evening I got a call from one of my closest friends. He told me that he was having some trouble breathing. Since he has asthma I didn't think that much of it asked if it was similar to an asthma attack. That's when he told me that he was having crushing chest pain and shortness of breath. That changes things. I asked him to call 911 immediately, then take some Aspirin. I called him back about 2 minutes later and he said that paramedics were on the way. I did a quick assessment over the phone as best as I could. He didn't end up having a heart attack. He had pericarditis. He's home now and recovering well.



This was his final meal at the hospital before getting discharged. I can't figure out why hospital food gets such a bad rap. That's supposed to be turkey.

1 comment:

Reena said...

I love turkey that looks like a paper napkin covered in gravy!

Post a Comment

© FireMedic and Firefighter/Paramedic Stories, 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to FireMedic and Firefighter/Paramedic Stories with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP