Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Friday The 13th - part two: SOB

At around 10 in the morning we got a call for shortness of breath. As we got the address Eric let me know that he had been there before and that it could be one of two people, husband or wife. They both have CHF, COPD and heart problems. It ended up being the wife. She was was overweight, diabetic, and everything that Eric had said. She had horrible veins. We put her on high flow oxygen to supplement her home oxygen and got some lungs sounds. She was pretty full of fluids so I gave her some Nitroglycerin. I missed my first IV attempt and she didn't want me to try again. I told that I was the best there is at IV's (a lie, but I am pretty good) and got the IV on the second attempt. With the oxygen and nitroglycerin she had some relief. About then the ambulance arrived so we loaded her up and transferred care to MBA.
© FireMedic and Firefighter/Paramedic Stories, 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to FireMedic and Firefighter/Paramedic Stories with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP