Saturday, January 29, 2011

PALS

I just recently went through my PALS re-certification class. It's several hours of going over the things you more than likely have forgotten about how to treat kids. The statistic that they gave on pediatric emergencies stuck with me.


10% of all medical emergency calls are for pediatric patients. 1% of those are critical.


So for all you EMS types out there, take a minute and go over some of your peds equipment and protocols. When's the last time you had that critical 1 out of a thousand call?

2 comments:

  1. If there is a pedi within 30 miles of me i will end up getting it. There's even a song in reference to my being a pediatric sh%# magnet. Another freaky fact approx half my peds are a twin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then you're used to getting them. Doesn't that make you the best one for them?

    ReplyDelete