Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Worried Kid

We got a call right in the middle of dessert. A young woman was worried about her mother.

Arriving on scene we were met at the curb by a borderline hysterical 15 year old girl. By catching every third word or so we were able to determine that her mom was in the back bedroom of the the apartment and that she wasn't acting right.


Our patient was laying in bed and not very alert. It took repeating every question several times to get something of an answer. At least her vitals were stable.

By the time AMR showed up we were able to piece together that the patient had a history of chronic pain and depression. This night she had taken a little extra medication to dull both.

The daughter was visibly relieved to see her mom getting medical attention. We made sure there was a family friend there to stay with her before we left.

5 comments:

Dom said...

Poor kid must have been so scared.

-♥-♥-♥- said...

Sounds scary, hope they were both okay! I've not seen a blog like yours before, it's like Grey's Anatomy or something but real! Nice work,
Tori :)

Firefighter/Paramedic said...

Tori- Welcome to the blog. I'm glad you enjoy it. I'm sure they were both fine, at least in the short run.

Jorrdy said...

29 years ago tonight, i was in a horrific car accident. i was 8 months pregnant. our car flipped tail over front an estimated 7 times. I had my seatbelt on... the windshield of our chevette blew out almost immediately, my seatbelt held me in...my water broke during the accident, but the seatbelt held me in...my collar bone was broken during the accident, from the seatbelt's strength, but my son survived! he is 29 years old tomorrow...March 21st! No one can tell me seatbelts don't save lives!
My son and I are living proof!

Firefighter/Paramedic said...

dmstokes- Thanks for sharing your story. Everyone needs to learn the importance of seatbelts. Happy birthday to your son.

Post a Comment

© FireMedic and Firefighter/Paramedic Stories, 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to FireMedic and Firefighter/Paramedic Stories with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP