Saturday, April 12, 2008

Uncertain Future

At the MVFD our engineers act as our company officers. My engineer, Eric, has been trying to into paramedic school now for several months. Over the last couple of weeks I have been helping him study while he tries to get into Mt Sac's paramedic program. This week he found out that he has made it. He starts at the end of this month. The problem is that at the MVFD we are losing an engineer. We don't have any one else that can drive the engine, or be a company officer. There may be times when it is just me and a reserve firefighter staffing the brush engine (I don't need a class B license to drive it). At the end of this month we also lose Mongo (Brett) who has been picked up for a season with the US Forrest Service. So starting at the end of this month I'm the only full time employee on my side of the week. It should be interesting to see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. this is when you demand a raise or you quit and then they'll REALLY be shafted.

    I think one hundred million dollars would be sufficient.

    ReplyDelete