Friday, July 11, 2008

Fourth of July Family Day

For the Fourth of July this year we had our families come up and spend it with us at the fire station. My parents came up with Katie and the kids and Eric had his wife and dogs come up. It was a low key visit. I showed my parents around the station and the engine. We had BBQ hamburgers for dinner. At the end of the evening we let my mom and dad flow some water (use the fire hose). We pulled the engine out onto the apron and had junior do a two minute drill. This is where he has two minutes to get completely dressed and ready to go into a burning building. This time it took a little longer than two minutes. He then pulled the preconnect and started flowing water. I then had my mom and dad take turns. I think they had a lot of fun. The only thing that I really missed was a fireworks show and it wouldn't look right if we had our own.




The cooks at the station on the 4th of July




Eric brought up his dogs. Here he and Junior are playing catch with the dog in our new storage container.




The chef (wearing an appropriate apron) and his granddaughter.




Getting ready for dinner.




The main event!




Eric said that it is a rare thing to see his wife (Krista) actually cooking so I snapped a photo.




By the look on Eric's face I just said something along the lines of, "you fat!"




No comment.




Flowing water with my dad.






Here my mom is trying it out under the close supervision of Kyra.






Clean up after play time.




Eric and I are rebedding the 1 3/4 inch hose.




The dream of being a firefighter (like his dad) is born.








Night operations.




Me and the kids on the 4th of July. That American Flag is on the back of Medic Engine 461.

No comments:

Post a Comment