Monday, November 9, 2009

AAA (With a Hose?)

I had just finished unwinding by reading my book in bed (a book on some of the issues in medicine) and had just turned off the light when the tones when off. My first thought, at least I wasn't asleep yet. Then we were told that we were responding for a person locked out of their vehicle. Now I don't know about you but when I have locked my keys in my car I have never thought of calling 911. I could understand it if it were hot outside and there was a kid was locked in the vehicle. Hey, even a dog. But at 2330, outside a restaurant, in mild temperatures, and it's only a guy that's locked out of his minivan. Really?  Come to think of it, I've changed tires too. I used to give a friend that's a CHP officer a hard time about being AAA with a gun. I guess I'm AAA with a hose.
http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/2101887/1000278-main_Full.jpg
The funny thing is, we are good at it. We had the guys vehicle unlocked in about 3 minutes. We could be faster but that involves the owner having to replace a broken window. I really don't mind going out to do this. After all, I chose to serve the public. I just wish they wouldn't call 911. Use the non emergency number for you local fire department.

By the way, the 24 hour number to AAA is 1-800-AAA-HELP.

No comments:

Post a Comment