Saturday, May 24, 2008

Bleeding Butt

We got a call on Friday night for an ill person. When we got there we were met by a neighbor that had been helping to take care of our patient. Turns out that our patient was a 49 year old male that has been paralyzed from the waste down for the last 20 years. He had some bed sores on his but and a couple of days ago he accidentally tore some skin with a bandage. He called us this night because the wound was bleeding and wouldn't stop. It's a simple call for us. Several thoughts went through my mind though. One, this is not what I wanted to get up at 0130 to see. Two, this guys neighbor is really nice to get up at 0130 and help him. Three, this is an awfully embarrassing thing for which to call 911. And fourth, I'm glad I'm the paramedic and get to assign one of my firefighters to bandage some guys bleeding butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment